Friday, June 25, 2010

Moving

We are in full crush mode to return to New York and return the rental RV on time. Long days of driving - yesterday with a touch of some kind of stomach bug, which I must say is not at the top of my list of fun ways to spend time. But the miles must be covered so we keep moving. At the moment, we are in Rawlins, Wyoming. It's not near anywhere. I have always been fascinated by the idea of Wyoming: so empty and vast. And E. Annie Proulx moved there after she left Newfoundland so it must be cool. But dang, it is one harsh place! Where'd they put the trees?

Loads of pictures and the final installments of the travel portion for Knitting Sprawl coming soon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved Wyoming--i wouldn't want to live there, but it is beautiful--spare, harsh, rocky, but breathtakingly beautiful.

Its all down hill til Ole Mis, then up hill to the delaware water gap (one of the highest road elevations on east coast) then down hill till you hit LI. Happy Driving.

Xxx. Xxxx said...

My father was born in WY but I've never been. His grandparents moved his mom as a teen and her siblings from MO to WY, giving up their general store in MO for a sugar beet farm (they called it a ranch) in Worland, WY. His dad (born & raised in the southern tier of NY and northern PA) attended a WY university nearby. My father didn't live there for long; his parents moved back east before he grew out of toddlerhood.

I should probably have visiting WY on my list of things to do...